Stephanie has represented clients in private and public sectors regarding environmental, natural resources, workers’ compensation, and
regulatory matters since 2006. Before practicing law, Stephanie worked as an environmental consultant in Boulder, CO, beginning in 1997.
Most recently, Stephanie represented the State of Washington, Department of Ecology’s Water Resources Program in water resources litigation
before state and federal courts, and before the Pollution Control Hearings Board. Stephanie worked as Lead Legal Counsel for the Water
Resources Program, Northwest Regional Office, and as Lead Legal Counsel for Tribal Water Rights Issues. Stephanie was Lead Legal Counsel for
the Dam Safety Office, which regulates and oversees more than 1,100 dams.
Additionally, Stephanie worked as Lead Legal Counsel for the Office of Chehalis Basin, which focuses on flood control and aquatic species
habitat restoration. Stephanie was Second Chair for the Energy Facility Site Evaluation Council. She also provided legal advice on drought
matters, including assistance with development of the drought preparedness bill, which was adopted by the Legislature in 2020, and emergency
J.D., Lewis & Clark Law School, Portland, OR 2004
- Environmental & Natural Resources Law; Business Law
B.A., University of Colorado at Boulder, 1999
- Major: Environmental Science. Focus Areas: Biogeochemistry; Water Resources.
Additional Professional Education
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY. Executive Leadership Program, Online: 2019 – 2020
- Obtained three Professional Certifications in Executive Leadership, Change Management, and High Performance Leadership.
- University of Washington, Seattle, WA. Business Development & Marketing Courses: 2014 – 2015
- Oregon and Washington State Bars.
- United States District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Washington.
Selected Presentations and Awards
- Water Storage and Dam Safety. Law Seminars International CLE. Seattle, WA. 2019.
- State of Water Infrastructure – Dams in WA. Environmental & Land Use Law CLE. Union. 2019.
- Washington State Water Resources Association. Water Law Update. Spokane. 2018 and 2019.
- Business Development and Marketing Issues, Seattle, WA. 2014 – 2015.
- Workers’ Compensation Law – Corporate Client Locations, quarterly 2011 – 2016.
- Multnomah County, Oregon. Government Law. Portland, OR. 2007 – 2010.
- Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA’s) RCRA Outstanding Team Award Recipient. 2001.
Mercury modeling through ecological food webs. EPA National Conference on Mercury Transport, Cycling, Fate and Exposure. West Palm
Beach, FL. May 2001.
A screening level probabilistic risk assessment of mercury in Florida Everglades food webs. Society of Environmental Toxicology and
Chemistry. Annual Meeting. Denver, CO. April 1999.
Selected Published Articles
- Retrospective and Current Risks of Mercury to Panthers in the Florida Everglades.
- Mercury Risks in the Florida Everglades. Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry.
- A Screening Level Probabilistic Risk Assessment of Mercury in Florida Everglades Food Webs.
- Tissue Carboxylesterase Activity of Rainbow Trout.
Professional and Civic Involvement
- Volunteer field work for the Colorado Division of Wildlife in Vail, Colorado.
- Clerked for Pharmaceuticals and Class Action Litigation Firm.
- Volunteer work for a non-profit organization focused on water resources law.